Punta Cana Real Estate Do’s and Don’ts
So you have decided to settle for nothing but the best. Investing in Punta Cana real estate is definitely a smart choice. But before taking the plunge, here are some things that you might want to consider, to have a smooth surfing experience while you buy a second home in this heavenly Caribbean slice:
- When it comes to buying real estate anywhere in the world, remember that short cuts don’t work. Make sure you do elaborate research, cost analysis, comparison of several properties before finalizing your dream house.
- NEVER go for a direct purchase. The chances of getting ripped off or cheated in this case are extremely high. Go through a reputed real estate agency in Punta Cana. Feel free to ask your agency any questions. Don’t hesitate or feel inhibited; after all you are investing your hard earned money towards your property. Let them know what kind of area you wish to reside in, what kind of budget you have, and most of all, what are the facilities you look for in your house, condo or apartment.
- Choose an agency that is customer focused and friendly. Do your research online to go for an agency that has a satisfied client base and is willing to go an extra mile to accommodate your needs.
- Find out about the kind of taxes you will be liable to pay as a foreigner. It is better to get these stories straight to avoid confusion or unpleasant surprises at a later date.
- Though the demand of luxury property is extremely high in Punta Cana, it is still a relatively untouched land. That’s the reason why it is possible for you to own a house here at a price that won’t burn a hole in your pocket. With fabulous condos starting at USD 88, 000, you can only be assured that you are getting much more than your money’s worth. While making your decision, make sure that you take in to consideration:
- The location of the condo as the price appreciation and rent income will greatly depend on it
- Facilities in the area – golf course, restaurants, hospital, all depending on your preference
- Proximity to the airport is extremely crucial for people traveling back and forth
While finalizing on real estate in Punta Cana, make sure to look at all the aspects and weigh the pros and cons wisely. Nonetheless, no matter where you choose to live in this surfer’s paradise, you can never be to far away from bliss!